Submission Preparation Checklist
All submissions must meet the following requirements.
- 1. Manuscripts should be prepared following Uniform requirements for manuscripts submitted to Biomedical Journals as approved by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (www.icmje.org). The manuscript handling is done through Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) guidelines. We have reviewed the journal policies about Ethical Publishing and Professional Misconduct in Scientific Reporting Listed on the Journal website below.
- 2. All submissions are received through an online portal through www.archivessr.com.
- 3. The submission files should have a. Cover Letter describing the value of research work being submitted, b. Title Page containing the Manuscript Title, Authors, affiliations, contributions—an example of title page can be downloaded from this website, c. Article Text File having the body of the main manuscript, d. Images and Tables, e. IRB approval Letter, f. Signed Letter of Undertaking, g. Consent Form for Case Report h. Article Processing Charges Submission Proof, i. Ethical Undertaking. Make sure that the quality of Images is according to specifications provided in author guidelines (JPEG or TIFF Format 300 dpi in resolution but less than 3MB in size). j. Reviewer Suggestion Form.
- 4. Please strictly follow the author guidelines for writing your manuscript. Non-compliant manuscripts would be returned without review without any exception. Referencing should be done through Zotero, Mendeley, Endnote, or any other such referencing software. In-text citation should be in form superscript. The manuscripts with improper citation would be returned without review. A sample manuscript submission file may be downloaded from this website.
- 5. The submission file is in Open Office, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format. The text is single-spaced; uses a 12-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end. Images are uploaded as Supplementary File additionally.
- 6. The author names and affiliations should be provided through the journal system and on a separate title page. The manuscript file MUST NOT include author names, affiliations, or institutional names within a manuscript file to ensure the double-blind review of the manuscript and transparency.
- 7. The title page should contain the title of the write-up, the Name of the author/co-authors, their qualifications, designation & institutions they are affiliated with, and mailing address for future correspondence, E-mail address, Phone, Cell Phone number beside a short running title of the manuscript. Don’t type the name of the author/s on other pages in the manuscript except the title page to ensure the double-blinding of the review process.
- 8. All original manuscripts should have an Abstract in structured format up to 350 words. It should mention the Objective, Methodology, Results, Conclusions, and appropriate Key Words.
- 9. Have the Keywords been chosen according to MeSH guidelines? The MeSH keywords are important for cataloging scientific information (See https://www.nlm.nih.gov/mesh/authors.html). You can use MeSH on-demand tool (https://meshb.nlm.nih.gov/MeSHonDemand) for accurately choosing the right indexable keywords.
- 11. All randomized control trials should be prepared according to CONSORT Guidelines. All Clinical Trials submitted for publication preferably should be registered in a registry e.g. https://clinicaltrials.gov/. Provide registration number. Systematic Literature reviews should follow PRISMA Protocol, Case Reports should follow CARE Protocol. For details follow the Author Guidelines.
- 12. Disclosure regarding source of funding and conflict of interest if any besides approval of the study from respective Ethics Committee/Institution Review Board.
- 13. The manuscript must be submitted along with IRB/Ethics Committee Approval letter/Ethical Compliance Undertaking.
- 14. Case Reports should be submitted along with the Consent Form wherever applicable.
- 15. Suggest three potential reviewers known to you who know your research work and are willing to review (Please provide designation, institutional affiliation, and email address). At least one reviewer should be from outside Pakistan. You may also suggest any specific reviewer for exclusion in this process citing any specific reason.
- 16. You have the proof in PDF/ JPEG form of submission of Article Processing Charges (APC).
- 10. Before submission, the manuscript should be checked for plagiarism preferably through Turnitin or some other medium and the similarity index should not exceed 19%. Please use some software (e.g. Grammarly), if required, to ensure the correct use of spellings, syntax, sentence structure, punctuation, and grammar. The article failing these standards would be rejected at the initial review stage.
Information We Collect
We will request personal data from you to ascertain your individual user profile that may support all online activities allotted as an author, editorial member, or another connected role. Data like your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and geographic locale are used as identifiers to permit access to certain content or to a secure website. All personal information is treated by the Archives of Surgical Research as strictly personal and confidential. Archives of Surgical Research won’t disclose any personal information to third parties without your permission unless required by law
Cookies and log files are automatically recorded when you visit our site. These data include some of the following information: IP address, hostname, domain name, browser version and platform, date and time of requests, and downloaded or viewed files. This information is used to measure and analyze traffic and usage of the www.archivessr.com website and our digital products.
Making Changes to Your Information
When you have created an account on http://archivessr.com, you can update your private information at any time through your account settings.
This statement may be periodically updated.
If you are concerned about how your information is stored, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org